Friday, July 25, 2008

Mamma Mia

I have to say that the screen adaptation of Mamma Mia is not all its cracked up to be. The stage version of this musical is great - much better than the movie, especially since the people in it can actually sing, unlike Pierce Brosnan. Its very much a chick flick - all about love and marriage, etc. Just in case you women out there who are in relationship think you might get the significant male in your life to take you to see the movie, give up now. It is not going to happen. Also, heads up (or should I say "eyes closed") - an old guy's naked butt appears for a second... and there are also some other suggestive moments. I am a lover of musicals, so I enjoyed the music in this, but the acting, staging, pacing, etc. were lacking and I'd had enough by the time it was over. Overall, I think this movie was good, not great. It doesn't hold up to the greatness that is Hairspray. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did everyone in the theater laugh outloud everytime PB started singing?

Glad to catch up with you some today!