Sunday, December 28, 2008

Book List Update

So I finally got around to updating my book list for 2008. My goal was 20 books and if I exceeded that, then 10,000 pages. I read 23 new books for a total of 9,141 pages; reread at least 4 and left 3 unfinished. Here are a few extra comments on the rereads and unfinished.

Reread:
Redeeming Love
by Francine Rivers
The story is so good at getting down to why we resist the love and salvation of God. It's a romance, so that obviously makes it interesting.
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
I'm rereading this slowly to Grandmother - I got her a copy for Christmas '07 and read a chapter here and there when I visit her. Anne is such a classic character and so easy to sympathize with. The story makes you laugh out loud with every chapter. Reading it to Grandmother will be among my treasured memories of 2008.
Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery
This is where Anne agrees to marry Gilbert. Good times, good times.
The Book of Hours by T. Davis Bunn
It is a fictional story with a good mystery that involves a historical castle with hidden clues and ultimately a great historical find.

Unfinished:
Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts
Good at first, but ultimately boring… it goes on too long without pulling you in.
Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Not nearly as funny or engaging as previous Plum books… still working on finishing it.
Wideacre by Philippa Gregory
I did not like this story! Main plot involves incest and the heroine is so obsessive you cannot relate at all. Downright weird and sick.

Well that's all folks for 2008 - I'm already started on the first book for 2009... Happy New Year!

No comments: