Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jealous... Be Very Jealous

So this week has been incredibly busy. And not just at work, which is unusual for me. This week included some brief business travel, meeting lots of new people, hanging out with some good friends and good food.

So I started this week by going to the new church I've been attending for a while... I can't really bring myself to say "my new church". If I have talked to you recently, you probably know I'm not going to the Branch much anymore - if not, sorry for the surprise! I have been visiting around trying to find a church closer to me and I really enjoy this one... its AWESOME.

Sunday I also went to the McKinney Trade Days and visited my friend's booth: www.DalyJems.com. Cool quality jewelry at a great price!

This week I also went to our corporate headquarters. Let me just say I LOVE flying on our corporate planes. No security checks, lines, or layovers. Just show up with your employee badge and climb on board, pick your comfy seat that is all by itself - not squished up next to someone else - buckle your safety belt and relax! Open up the cabinet and grab a coke or a beer and a snack and kick back for the ride! Yes, I said beer - I don't drink it but it's there and to be fair, I've only seen someone drink one on the way home at the end of the day. Don't worry- it wasn't the pilot. :) So... those of you unlucky ones forced to fly commercial, be jealous... be very jealous, indeed.

In this week was one of my cofriendworker's birthdays, so a few of us went to lunch together at Brio - a very yummy Italian restaurant. It was lovely enough to eat outside and I love doing that! I also decorated her cube (a tradition in our department) which caused another coworker to remark "You are the MacGyver of cube decorating!". Be jealous... you know you wish you could decorate cubes like me.

This new church I've been visiting has a Friday night service in which I sang on the worship team... very different, but fun.

After Friday night service, I met the aforementioned cofriendworker for dinner for her birthday... once again at Brio. :) We had a great time and great food, then we hung out at my place watching clips of The Big Bang Theory. If you haven't watched this show yet... you need to!

And so today, I have done three of my favorite things: read a good book, shop at Target and watch Hairspray.

Be jealous... be very jealous.

2 comments:

Randy said...

Great post. Glad you had a good week. Of course, you neglected to mention the awesomeness that is a visit from your brother, but I'll let it slide.

:)

gayle said...

I am not jealous because I did or was involved in most of the stuff you mentioned!!!