Monday, July 07, 2008

This Is Totally Rad

SPOILER ALERT!


I would never have guessed tonight's outcome on the Bachelorette. I am much more a fan of Jesse than Jason, but seriously, I thought Jason had it in the bag... all sown up... a sure thing. But alas, I was wrong and Jesse won! Who would have thunk? :)

I think this is evidence that for women it is all about how guys make us feel, not necessarily the external appearance. I would definitely have pegged her to go with one of the 'prettier' clean cut guys, but she didn't. I don't mean to say that guys should neglect their appearance, of course - it's just not everything.

Back to tonight's episode - any liking I had for Jeremy evaporated after that desperate move of talking to her after she let him go last week. Ewww. Take it like a man, for crying out loud!!! He's totally ruined his chances at being the next Bachelor - now it will be creepy Jason.

Ok, I'm glad I opened up and let the internet know my true feelings.

P.S. What is the 'big announcement' about setting a date? Aren't you supposed to do that when you get engaged? HELLO - she wants 3 kids by the time she's 30! I thought for sure it was that she was preggers, but that would have made good tv too good.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I was shocked too, but so excited! I think what clinched it was when her sis-in-law told her if she married Jason, she would be fast-forwarding her life five years. Jesse was definitely the right choice for her for right now. I was afraid it was a prego announcement too. That would just ruin it! Jason's not creepy, he's just emotional and too mature. Since I don't have much experience around guys like that, I can understand you thinking it's creepy, but I think he's just precious!

CFH said...

yeah, I thought the SIL had better stuff to say than the sister.

I really only thought Jason was creepy in the last couple episodes. Something was just weird.

gayle said...

You've been tagged on my blog!

Randy said...

First, personal note:
Why do you watch this crap?

And second, under the heading of "social complaints":
I think the term "preggers" is just about the most vile-sounding term I can think of. The pregnancy equivalent of th f-bomb. I think we now know what people in the 50's thought when they heard someone say "pregnant," instead of "expecting." Probably much the same thing. At least the term "pregnant" has some medical grounding to it. But shortening the word by one letter and replacing some others sure does foul it up, though.

And Kelli, Prego is a pasta sauce. They announced that during the commercial break. :)

One more step down, society, thank you so much.

Thirdly:
The "word verification" text I'm going to type in before publishing this comment is "raath." Like someone throwing up while saying the word "wrath."

...which is what will fall on the coiner of the term preggers.

Randy said...

wait I miscounted. Preggers isn't shorter by one letter. My mistake.

:)